Monday, April 12, 2010

Music for a Season

I can't speak for the daylight hours immediately passed thanks to a fittingly peculiar sleep cycle (which I happen to appreciate despite, or perhaps for its general incongruity), but early this morning I emerged from in-doors to find the weather teetering upon perfection. It was the type of occasion that calls for the composition of a remarkably accessible, evocative, and timeless piece of music; fortunately for me, given my lack of musical training and the otherwise moderate difficulty of composing such a sound, someone has already taken and decidedly owned the feat. Thus it is with endless gratitude to, and for the inspiration of, Antonio Vivaldi, paragon of baroque classical composition, that I present music fit for this season, the 3rd movement of Spring, from The Four Seasons:

No comments: